Have you ever asked to know How to make money online in Nigerian as a Student?
The Internet can be considered as one of the greatest sources of wealth on planet Earth. This wonderful tool connects any worker or service provider with employers around the world. Instant data exchange has transformed the way we communicate, shop, and now work.
Currently, millions of people earn their income without leaving their homes and without the need for any specialized education. Regardless of education level, or the fact that you’re still a student, it is always possible to get extra money using the internet. In fact, access to jobs is as democratic as a good job offer can be and that is exactly what I’m about to show you in this article.
Hundreds of people of all nationalities and ages get 100% of their salary by doing jobs online. The diversity of occupations available is so wide that it would take hundreds of sheets to list them all. However, any feasible activity can be compensated by payment. If you’re a student in Nigeria, you’ve most definitely asked google “How to make money online in Nigeria as a student“.
If you have and even if you haven’t, read on because in this article I’m about to describe the best ways to make money online in Nigeria as a student. Whether you want a part-time income source to increase your monthly stipend or a full-time job, so you can support yourself, pay your fees and also take care of yourself, there are plenty of options for you.
How to make money online in Nigerian as a Student
These options which I’m about to share with you are the best for students who want to earn money working online. The only requirement is a smart device with an internet connection in order to request and deliver the assigned task.
1. Become a YouTuber.
YouTube is the largest platform and the largest provider of audiovisual materials in the world. Whoever creates a video can upload it to YouTube for free and share their creation with millions of viewers on the platform.
A person who uploads videos to YouTube is known as YouTuber. There are hundreds of famous Youtubers who have channels with millions of followers and receive millions for their videos. This stupendous platform has paid millions to content creators.
How Does YouTube Work?
It consists of you recording a video, reading a book, creating an animation, or narration, and even singing or reciting. You then send this video from your computer or Smartphone to the YouTube platform.
Virtually anything that can be recorded can be broadcast on your channel.
How to be a YouTuber?
- The first thing you should do is register or open an account on YouTube.com. The steps to follow are similar to the steps to open an email in Gmail. It won’t take a minute. Once you’re registered, you already have a YouTube channel.
- Choose a theme for your video. The options are endless, you can make a video of anything. The most successful channels are dedicated to a particular type of video. For example, there are those who are dedicated to telling jokes, making jokes, others who dance, put on makeup, try products, video games. etc. There is no limit and all the topics as silly as they may seem can generate a lot of money.
- Record a video with a duration of 3 to 10 minutes.
- Enter your YouTube account and transfer the video from your Smartphone or computer to your channel. You must choose a title that is popular in google searches to increase your users.
- Select the option to monetize your video and voila you are already a YouTuber. Now you only need to add content frequently.
2. Start a Blog.
A blog is the name given to an internet page, characterized by narrating the experiences or explaining the knowledge or thought of the writer.
Blogs can be on any subject that the author is passionate about, also on some subject, he/she has masters. Blogs are generally made up of texts written by the author accompanied by some photographs. The author of the texts is called Blogger.
What does the work of a Blogger or blogger consist of?
The work of a blogger is similar to writing a story or a short story. The blogger writes about the topic he has chosen and publishes his writings so that anyone can read it. You should write frequently so that people who like the topic and engage your blog can continue reading.
Usually, Blogs are started as a form of expression where the authors narrate or recount their experiences, or give advice and recommendations. Then over time, you can place ads, or subscribe to programs like AdSense, Amazon Program, or other suggested by WordPress or the blog platform you choose.
How to be a Blogger?
- Start by signing up for a blogging platform. Some of the most popular ones are WordPress, Wix, Medium, Tumblr, Overblog. The registration process is similar to that of creating an email.
- Select the topic you want to write about, it can be about your daily life, your dreams, or what you are passionate about. The best topics are the ones that don’t go out of style and are what readers are always looking for information about them. It’s always good to add photos to make them more eye-catching. Post it. After publishing your first text you are already a blogger.
- Subscribe to programs like AdSense, Amazon Program, or other suggested by the blog platform you choose. These will place ads in your texts and will pay you per visitor.
3. Become a freelancer or sell your services online.
If you want a job without having to change your nightwear to do it, you should consider being a freelancer. Being a freelancer is working wherever and whenever you want without having to go to an office.
Hundreds of renowned global companies turn to internet workers to perform specific tasks. Workers are hired for a project and they receive payment for their time.
What does Freelancer’s work consist of?
The services you want to provide, which can be writing, Formatting a document, translation, graphics design, programming, etc. Any commercial activity that does not require physical work can be done as a freelancer. You don’t necessarily need a degree. This is one of the best online jobs for student in Nigeria.
How to be a Freelancer?
- Select a freelancer platform and sign up. Some of the job boards or online job portals are: Freelancer, Upwork, Fiverr, Guru and Workana.
- Create a professional profile describing the service you want to provide and your experience.
- Browse the different posts and apply to the projects you like the most, express your interest in excelling and being the best they can get. Choose the price you will charge for your services or time.
- Accept your first project, finish it on time, charge for your time and ask your employer to rate you positively. You are already a freelancer, now you must find another project.
4. Teach online or be an online tutor.
Today’s society demands us to learn a lot of skills and gain varied knowledge. Of course, if you have specialized knowledge, you should teach about your area of expertise. If you like teaching, you can find hundreds of students eager to learn.
What is the job of an online tutor?
Through video calls you will connect with one or more students to whom you will offer private lessons. During the tutorials, you’ll practice conversation, solve equations, clarify, and answer questions. In addition, you can record videos and create complete courses, for which you will charge by subscription or by class.
How to be an online tutor?
There are multiple ways to get students for online tutoring. Through a blog that provides basic knowledge and which describes the topics you can teach. You can enable subscription to private classes or membership forums. Similarly, Facebook pages, or a website dedicated to promoting your online tutoring.
You can also register on a specialized platform and sell your services on sites like Classgap and Udemy. After registering, create a course with the material you want to teach. It can be from English language to “how to bake a cake.“
Educate your students and receive new students.
5. Write eBooks. Tell your story or share your recipes.
If you like to write or have a story to tell, there are thousands of readers who would pay to read it. You can also write manuals explaining how to solve any problem in regards to their daily life, such as How to generate profitable business ideas, the best way to clean your car, or how to cook wedding jollof, or the secrets to getting the perfect glazed cake.
What is the job of Writing eBooks?
This task is similar to any University assignment. Any subject that appeals to you or that you have a good knowledge of and you can write a few pages and make it an eBook. The digital books or eBooks are of diverse extensions from a thousand to more than 200,000 words like novels.
How to sell eBooks?
- Write about a topic and when you have completed an adequate number of words, review it. Give it a name. After you’ve edited it you’re ready to post.
- Register with one of the well-known platforms, Kindle Direct Publishing, iTunes Producer and Google Play, they are very easy to use.
- Upload or export your manuscript to their platforms, select the format that suits you best. Check how it would read on different devices.
- Create a cover, assign a sale price to it. Publish it and put it up for sale, Congratulations, you are already a published author.
There are a number of other online jobs for students in Nigeria most especially students in universities, colleges, and polytechnics. This article should help you in deciding what you want to do and also kick start your journey to financial freedom.
You can also read my other article on How to Start a Business in Nigeria Without Money here -> (Source: The Graduateboss.com)